Making Southern Maryland the Best Place to Live and Give
Looking Forward. Giving Back.
About the Community Foundation of Southern Maryland
The Community Foundation of Southern Maryland is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt, autonomous, public charity created by and for the people of Southern Maryland. We work with you to help you fulfill your charitable interests and goals – easily and effectively. We build charitable funds that support community needs and opportunities. Folks may establish both non-endowed funds, to support community needs today and endowed funds to ensure there is support for good, forever, for our region.
Ways to Give
Donors can make gifts to existing funds, create new funds, and support the Community Foundation of Southern Maryland in a wide variety of ways. Funds can be established by anyone: individuals or families, businesses and educational institutions, and even private foundations and charitable organizations. The distribution of gifts from a fund can be made according to the wishes of the donor who created the fund, or left to the discretion of the foundation. Click on a
- Now Open: CFSOMD Drug Rehabilitation Mini-Grant Application (3/17/2022)
- A Letter to Our Supporters: New Affiliation Agreement with Chesapeake Charities Brings Added Support to Serve Growing Needs in SOMD (11/8/2020)
- Grants for Organizations that Address Social Needs in Southern Maryland Available from Community Foundation of Southern Maryland (1/29/2019)
- #GivingTuesday (11/21/2018)
Featured Success Story
- Featured: Chaney Enterprises - In 2004 a study conducted by the Maryland Community Foundation Initiative was completed to research the three counties, Charles, St. Mary’s and Calvert counties. The study indicated the need to organize a vehicle for all types of giving and to set up Community Foundation serving all three counties. Francis H. Chaney II, Chairman of the Board of Chaney Enterprises and Chaney Foundation; and Dick Gregory and Frank Hollewa of the Greater Waldorf Jaycees were among…