5th Annual Philanthropy Day Luncheon
Greater Waldorf Jaycees Community Center
November 19, 2010, 11:30am - 1:30pm
We are proud to honor the individuals and organizations nominated by their peers, who have contributed an extraordinary amount of time, money & service to help ‘make Charles County the best place to live and give’.
A full listing of all the nominees and their great works can be found here.
Congratulations to the 2010 Award Recipients
- Corporation of the Year: Zonta Club of Charles County
- Nonprofit of the Year:
Reaching Out Now, Inc.
- Youth Volunteer:
- Volunteer of the Year:
- Philanthropist of the Year:
Michael J. Sullivan
2010 Inductees into the Philanthropy Hall of Fame:
- American Red Cross, Southern Maryland Chapter
- Charles County Children’s Aid Society, Inc.
- Mary Ellen and (the late)F. George Heinze III
- Evelyn and Vincent Hungerford
We would like to thank Valerie Nyce for acting as our photographer for the day.
A special thank you to the following for presenting the nominees and recipients with proclamations:
View more photos
- Heather Asata, Constituent Liaison to Congressman Steny Hoyer;
- Richard Meyers, Special Assistant to U.S. Senator Barbara Mikulski; and
- Susan Lawerence, Legislative Aide to State Senator Thomas “Mac” Middleton
Nominees for the 2010 Philanthropy Day Luncheon:
- Kyle Bailey
- Charles County Women – United in Giving
- Mollie Gieseman
- Ashli Haggard
- Roberta Kieliger
- Don Paul
- Ann C. Rees
- Donna & Al Salmi
- Sisters At Heart
- Southern Maryland Women’s League Foundation
- Michael J. Sullivan
- Reaching Out Now (RON), Inc.
- Zonta Club of Charles County
- Thomas E. Wilcox, President and CEO of the Baltimore Community Foundation
Thomas E. Wilcox has served the Baltimore Community Foundation (BCF), a collection of more than 600
philanthropic funds, since September, 2000. Tom Wilcox has led fund raising efforts that have helped the
foundation triple its annual grantmaking, from an average of less than $10 million per year in the 1990’s to an
average of $24 million per year in the past decade. These efforts have contributed to Baltimore’s renaissance and
have brought opportunity to many Baltimoreans. View Full Bio
Thank you to the following Sponsors of this year’s event:
Francis P. Chiaramonte, M.D.
Southern Maryland Hospital Center
Charles County Public Library
Crown Trophy of Waldorf
Facchina Group of Companies, LLC
Rose Beitzell, Artist
Bernie’s Frame Shop
Burkey and Margaret Boggs
Charles County Commissioners
Citizens for Charles County Public Library, Inc.
Mollie Gieseman, Work Place Solutions
Maryland Bank & Trust Company, Inc
Kevin and Cheryl Wedding