Sisters at Heart Breast Cancer Support Group of SOMD is a component fund of the Community Foundation of Southern Maryland, a 501(c)(3) public charity. Our mission is to promote breast cancer awareness in the tri-county communities. Established with sisterly love in November 2007, the group supports each other as well as those women and men diagnosed with breast cancer. It is our hope that together we can make a difference in the lives of those affected with this disease, be an advocate for early detection, provide education, and support research.
In Memory of our founder, Roberta Kieliger, we make heart “comfort” pillows for our local hospitals to be distributed to the women and men who have breast cancer related surgeries.
We trust that the comfort of snuggling and knowing that it was specially made for them will provide comfort, inspiration and hope. The fact is…they are not alone, Sisters at Heart are here for them and together this bond strengthens our survivorship and belief in HOPE.
“Each of us has faced the reality of our diagnosis and its impact on our lives. We share our hopes, our fears, and our tears. We are here to draw strength and comfort from each other as we travel this road together.” Roberta Kieliger
- Mini-Grant Opportunity Available Through September 8th, 2023
- Now Open: CFSOMD Drug Rehabilitation Mini-Grant Application
- A Letter to Our Supporters: New Affiliation Agreement with Chesapeake Charities Brings Added Support to Serve Growing Needs in SOMD
- Grants for Organizations that Address Social Needs in Southern Maryland Available from Community Foundation of Southern Maryland
- 2018 Philanthropy Day Luncheon Featured on Comcast Newsmakers
- 2018 Philanthropy Day Hall of Fame Inductees
- Nominations for 2018 Philanthropy Hall of Fame Now Open; Inductees to be Honored at 13th Annual Philanthropy Day Luncheon
- Cody Micheal Lacey Memorial Scholarship Fund Established at Community Foundation
- The Community Foundation of Southern Maryland is Accepting Nominations for its Board of Directors
EventsSisters at Heart Fund Raiser, March 24, 2020,
Funds for Friends, June 1, 2018 - June 2, 2018, The Greene Turtle
Breast Cancer Awareness Walk, October 10, 2015,